View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #125
jdrhammer
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Just played '05 last night. I haven't played a last gen game since the '07 version. I had forgotten how many options or nice features were left out.

First off, I've said it several times but the rotation of the football on passes needs to be added back. The knuckle ball is crap.

DB's actually gathered themselves and would turn and jump off two feet to bat down a pass as opposed to the constant one-footed ballet crap we get each time now.

Also, DB's and LB's weren't didn't have the ability to "warp" into a passing lane to pick off a pass. It was pretty simple, if a pass was too high, they couldn't get to it and were burned. Some of this is to blame for the horrible trajectory we have on passes now. They are way too flat.

There has to be a problem with the way defenders cover plays now. It's like the offense is playing on flat ground but the defense is playing on a hill that is the angle of the field. This needs to be fixed.

QB's dropping the ball in between holes in zones as opposed to throwing bullets each pass. Also, QB throwing motions were much, much smoother in '05 They looked better.

QB's would actually have their passes altered if they were hit while throwing. These ball physics were also much better. Now they just get sucked in if a defender is close. This has to be addressed.

I think there are several good tackle and catch animations that we don't see any more.

I totally forgot how cool the playcall screens were that showed both teams' yardage, TOP etc. Quick stat lines were cool too. How did EA lose all this??? This kills me.

Plays were much easier to see during the playcall screen as well.

I went back to create-a-school. There should be a way we have every school's colors, font's, templates, etc and be able to choose them and build uni's. There should be an editor for curretnt teams as well. It was so cool to finally see my team in the right colored pants and shoes. Even though I had to create them.

Another option that should come for create-a-school. I should be able to use a school's uni's and tweak them. I should also be able to transfer a school's roster to my create-a-team roster. Everyone is supposedly random so there ar no rights that should stop this. The transfer a player is another great option that would go well with the new version.

I know EA got behind when they moved to next-gen but they should be busting it to get us the quality we had. There are some new features that are very good and helpful but overall, from a football standpoint, EA has fallen so far behind.

Seriously, all last-gen features need to be added to the new version and continue to build on it.

AI is soooo much better on last gen as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove