View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #338
DTown
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
^Yes...surely you know more about the "suits" at EA than Ian does...thanks for sharing this inside knowledge with us.
Yup thats exactly what I said... lol how about you don't put words in my mouth. But if you are going to then at least make them some what intelligent. Of course he knows more about them then any of us... WHAT A CONCEPT! Someone who works there knows more about their co workers then someone who doesn't!
But lets say this was true and EA didn't provide the Madden team with the type of money and resources they do all their other sports franchises? Do you think that Ian would come out and say "Look guys I know you want all this new stuff but I am sorry. You see my idiot boss' just don't care what you want! They said that they bought Madden so they wouldn't have to put out all this money to compete with other games. I mean we would love to bring you more commentators and all the other good stuff you have been begging use for but these morons I work for won't put out the money." I am pretty sure that Ian is a bit smarter then that.
What have you seen from Madden in the last 5 years that made you go WOW? Not to bash Ian and the guys but whenever I get Madden and my friends ask how the new one is I always find myself explaining how accurate the roster update was from the year before... But you look at games like NBA with their training facility, MLB with the custom fan chants, FIFA with multiple announce teams and even Tigger Woods with the face thing to make the player look like you. What does Madden have? Madden IQ? Come on now... Don't get me wrong I love the idea behind IQ but it is no where near as good as some of these other things. So why is it that we haven't seen anything like this for Madden? If it's not that EA just doesn't care then it must be that Ian and the guys just don't care right? I mean I would find that hard to believe seeing as Ian and Phil are on here several times a day asking for our thoughts and feedback on stuff.