View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #347
DTown
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...well, the answer is $$$. The announce teams you are requesting will demand far more money than the portugese announcers in FIFA

Plus, many would want the presentation to go along with the announcers...which means more money for brand licensing (In the case of Fox).

It's just not worth the money to them...at least when your talking the names you mention.

And to explain further, all they did in FIFA was unlock the region based commentary that was already included in the various versions of the game so that all players could play with any of the language packs. Again, a very different animal.

Now, the "radio guy" and maybe doing a generic play by play with Madden might be a more reasonable request for your 3 options as that wouldn't be causing the same restraint, I would imagine.
Yeah but thats just the thing. They make sooooo much money off of Madden because they are the only football game around. Why not use some of that money that we shell out each year to give us fans what we want? Because they could care less about what we want.
Now if they were competing with 2k they would be more likely to shell out the extra cash don't ya think?
I mean they would only have to pay alot this year and then every other year they could just do some touch up work.
But like you said it cost to much money, hey I think $60 for the same game every year that never makes the changes that fans BEGGGGG for every year is way to much but I continue to spend it. lol.