Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #349
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Yeah but thats just the thing. They make sooooo much money off of Madden because they are the only football game around. Why not use some of that money that we shell out each year to give us fans what we want? Because they could care less about what we want.
Now if they were competing with 2k they would be more likely to shell out the extra cash don't ya think?
I mean they would only have to pay alot this year and then every other year they could just do some touch up work.
But like you said it cost to much money, hey I think $60 for the same game every year that never makes the changes that fans BEGGGGG for every year is way to much but I continue to spend it. lol.
lol...you're straying from the point. It's not too much money from a "willingness" standpoint. It's too much money from a profit standpoint. They wouldn't make enough profit to be able to justify it.

The expenditure wouldn't be a front-loaded type thing either (where the cost gradually comes down). They would be paying more for the name than the lines themselves (As another aside, Joe Buck has already refused to do it in the past...I believe it was Phill who said that).

Also, "being the only game in town" doesn't mean anything to bottom line. I can assure you there are plenty of 2Kers who prefer to just stick with 2K5 and APF. The competition wouldn't help here because I can promise you the competition wouldn't spend the money on 3 sets of big name broadcasters either...lol.

Your confusing the "competition breeds innovation" argument (which I do agree with) with something else entirely. EA would be foolish to spend money on 3 separate big name broadcast teams AND associated presentation.

We already know, from previous conversations with them, that EA is trying to present it's own brand...meaning these types of varied TV presentations are a pipe dream anyway.

As for your last point (comparing your spending 60$ on to EAs spending)...I do see a definite similarity there...you're both doing what's best for EA

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 01-28-2009 at 08:07 AM.