View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #350
DTown
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...you're straying from the point. It's not too much money from a "willingness" standpoint. It's too much money from a profit standpoint. They wouldn't make enough profit to be able to justify it.

The expenditure wouldn't be a front-loaded type thing either (where the cost gradually comes down). They would be paying more for the name than the lines themselves (As another aside, Joe Buck has already refused to do it in the past...I believe it was Phill who said that).

Also, "being the only game in town" doesn't mean anything to bottom line. I can assure you there are plenty of 2Kers who prefer to just stick with 2K5 and APF. The competition wouldn't help here because I can promise you the competition wouldn't spend the money on 3 sets of big name broadcasters either...lol.

Your confusing the "competition breeds innovation" argument (which I do agree with) with something else entirely. EA would be foolish to spend money on 3 separate big name broadcast teams AND associated presentation.

We already know, from previous conversations with them, that EA is trying to present it's own brand...meaning these types of varied TV presentations are a pipe dream anyway.

As for your last point (comparing your spending 60$ on to EAs spending)...I do see a definite similarity there...you're both doing what's best for EA
Then if they are trying to do their "own" brand why even bother with the NFL and it's teams? I mean you can't say on one hand "we are going to bring you an NFL expierence that you have never had before! It is going to be as if your watching the game on T.V." and then on the other hand say "No no no we won't bring in multiple teams and use TV presentations of the companies that host the shows because we don't want it to be just like the real NFL we want to have our own thing." They have to pick a side and stick with it.
Do you care about what the fans want or not? Are you going to give the fans a true NFL expierence or not?
You can't just flip flop when it suits your needs! This is exactly what I mean when I say they don't care about the fans.
And fine if they want their own style then just design 3 of your own styled presentations! Bring in 2 sets of commentators that are no namers or a commentator and a former player. Then you have your 2 big name guys for Primetime games and the radio guy with the generic Madden presentation we have all grown to know and... well know for games that are blacked out. Come on now! There are ways around this crap!