View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed Roster Announcement (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP
Unless you are (and you may be) an elite level fighter, this example means nothing.
I believe that dropping weight only becomes a problem when you go south or below what you reasonably should be in fighting shape. Like Ricky Hatton doesn't have a problem dropping close to 60 pounds! ...it's becaue he doesn't go south of what his body should reasonably be - like Oscar DeLa Hoya did vs packman. Over the course of 3 months dropping close to 20lbs (originally made a bit of typo) is not that crazy for someone who fought his whole career at the lower weight. In fact most of it would be gone after the first month.

now as far as you saying my example means nothing if I'm not an elite level fighter, well that's too bad you feel that way. I hold 2 black belts (got my first at 11yrs) and have done full contact fighting, trained in boxing and muay thai as well as a tiny bit of kung-fu and ju-jitsu, I'm also participate in a few competetive sports and have played w/ my weight over the past year ranging from 205lbs to 169lbs. I think my lived experience 'means' something.