View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #10
Rebel10
MVP

OVR: 9
The first iteration of NCAA Football, which came after Bill Walsh '95, for the Genesis/SNES, featured some of the most horrifically frustrating comeback AI in any game I've played. I used to rent that game regularly, and try to beat the computer... I'd play as Nebraska, probbaly the best team in the game, against Akron, the worst. Akron would always win. At one point, I had a 14 point lead with the ball and 20 seconds left. I fumbled for a TD and with 5 seconds left on the clock, they kicked off to me... I had every intention of receiving the kick, draining the 5 seconds, and running out of bounds or into the endzone to end the game. Yet with 0:00 on the clock, as I am racing to get out of bounds, I am tackled, fumble, and the CPU returns it for a TD. NOT ONLY THAT, but it was the first year EA implemented the two-point conversion, and they went for two and beat me by 1.

Other than that, I agree with Attezz -- especially because some of the remarks in the article are just incorrect. Making a friend play as the Wizards in NBA Street was not punishment -- Michael Jordan was on that team and was the best player in the game. He was also on the cover of the game. The Jordan / Yeti / Shaq combo was the most unstoppable combo in the game.