View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
Eski33
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Every single error that people have tried to point out in these two articles has been proven to be wrong. Keep em coming though.

I played all of these games non stop growing up. I researched the heck out of this article before writing it, and I did not make any of it up.

Sorry the majority of posters this week apparently hate this article, and think it's "shoddily" written.

I hope there are some out there who find this to be an enjoyable read, and can see this article for what it is- an entertainment piece that can inspire some fun discussion about dominant sports teams thoroughout sports gaming history.

Some people take these things way to seriously.
I enjoy any article associated with classic video games. I hope one is written about the 25 worst teams.

Today, so many kids who play games and complain about Madden, and other sports games, have no idea what it was like to play Atari football, Intellivision football, etc. and having been able to live through the advances in technology. Too many people complain about the color of a team's socks colored incorrectly or no refs visible on the field.

Articles like this one help many old school gamers reflect on games that were the spark that ignited the games of today. Although many of those games did not wield the most competitive A.I., the dorm room battles were intense.

Again, it is great to read about many of those games that I played in high school and college.

May I add that the Kentucky Wildcats in Coach K were one of the most lethal teams ever.