View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
shttymcgee
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: This quarterback delay is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
Why would they not take this into account,it was never a problem in any other previous Maddens,Playmaker was added I believe for user vs user,if you need to use it against the computer,that is just too funny.EXample-why would any1 playmaker an end to QB contain when the computer is never a threat to take off running with their QB(maybe if teams had identity),now you would definetly need it against another user now you know as I do that most users hold that A button to get their team faster to the line to call hike,another user is not gonna wait for you to get ready.ANYWAYS,you guys are missing the point,AGAINST THE COMPUTER,WHEN THE CLOCK IS STOPPED ON FGs,INCOMPLETE PASSES,OUT OF BOUNDS,ETC,ETC,IT IS ASSENINE TO SIT THERE AND WAIT FOR THE COMPUTER TO CALL HIKE,its a waste of time in a 5 minute game and to me its fregin boring.
-If you arent quick at getting your playmakers in against the computer,you will have a hard time getting them in against another user but thats not what my post was intentionally about.
The reason you need time is to make adjustments because of the offensive formation. Sometimes, you need to change zones or the assignment of your defense to account for uncovered receivers or holes left in your coverage due to a blitz. IRL, these adjustments are made by making a check, in madden, you need to adjust each individual player that needs to be changed. This was patched because MORE people wanted MORE time.