Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
mjussawalla
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Out Routes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Am I the only one that finds Out Patterns extremely difficult to get the QB to throw the ball in the right spot?? These patterns have literally cost me 4 OD games in the past couple of weeks. I mean....The WR or TE is WIDE OPEN....like 3 to 5 steps in front of the DB....yet I cannot get the QB to throw the ball in front of the receiver....it is almost always thrown 2 to 3 yards INSIDE the receiver....almost as if the QB thinks the DB is on offense....and they tend to go pick 6 style. I tell the QB to lead to the outside....so if he misses way outside that would be fine....but WAY INSIDE is getting me so frustrated that I feel I cannot control the outcome of the game.

What can I do to get the QB to realize to throw the ball to where only the WR can get it.
Out routes are hard. You have to throw the ball the instant your WR makes the break to the sideline. If you wait too long the DB will catch up. Also, don't be afraid to lob the ball and lead the reciever to the sideline.

You may want to perfect the corner route using the above technique before doing the out.