View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
cedwebb
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Just got done creating Mr. Pat White from West Virginia and let me tell you, he is going to be a fun Madden 10 QB / HB / WR.

Right now, everything I'm reading has him trying to stay at Quarterback in the NFL. He wants to be drafted as a QB. How long before they convert him to a HB or WR, who knows. I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

Will he be rated as good as Mike Vick in certain areas like Speed and Elusiveness? No, probably not. Vick was still a different type of animal. Whoops, sorry guys, poor choice of words....too soon?

But Pat White is still going to be nice - Speed, Elusive, Nice Arm Strength, great running abilities, Juke, Spin, etc. And yes, his throw accuracy will certainly hold him back from being some sort of monster in the game - he's not a pure passer type of QB by any means.

Just wanted you guys to get a heads up, Pat White is looking like a big time Madden 10 sleeper!

- Donny

PS - Creating the rookies is one of my favorite "tasks " of the year. I always know these rookie ratings are one of the most contraversial things in the world of player ratings, because these guys haven't proven it on the NFL field quite yet....What's cool is that this is probably the closest thing to an NFL scout before the draft! Bet those guys do similar things, break down each and every player and grade him numerically per category....bet we go deeper with our Madden ratings!
Oh boy...what a job you have! I only hope that even though he is athleticlly gifted he is not going to be able to exploit the game with his physical abilities. Yes he may be athletic but he is still a rookie and I hope this year that is taken into consideration. If he is drafted into the right system he could be dangerous in certain situations, but as a passer? Probably not until he learns the systems and that is what I hope is implemented.

BTW I gotta know...you are in charge of creating players, is that just the numbers that make up that player or is it how they look also? And if you do have a say in how they look did you give him a towel or a handwarmer?