View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
rckinAPhilliezhat
Pro

OVR: 10
Dream franchise mode

I posted this somewhere else..and of course..mixed opinions..long but interesting..here goes nothing..

You start up "Franchise Mode". You begin by creating A GM and his biography(name, age, etc). You then choose from the list of NFL teams which one you will agree to take over as the New General Manager. After selecting the team..the game loads into a cutscene..You are now walking into your first press conference as the new gm of your team. Cameras flashing, alot of talking that sounds like gibberish in the background, microphones pointing at you from every angle. Along with a bold headline scrolling down the bottom of the screen saying "so and so has been announced as the new gm of such and such"..along with other nfl news scrolling down the right side of the screen. Then comes the big question.."What is your plan for this team?" As your being asked the camera changes into a first person angle(so now instead of you seeing yourself talk, you are now looking at everybody in the crowd asking you questions)..to the answer the question you can select from a number of options..
1. I plan to start from the ground up
2. I plan to add the missing pieces
3. only using the draft
4. only using free agency
5. etc. you get the point

they follow up with more questions but the scene slowly fades out. Your now walking into the owners office. he shakes your hand and tells you that you now have full control over his franchise and how he trust you to make the right decisions. You then beginning cutting players or whatever you decided to do..but right before the draft you head to another press conference(cut scene..no more questionaires)..Where you'll discuss the new image of your team..(will you and your coaches wear suits now?, are your players always in the media or very low key?, are they cocky on the field?, is your team defensive minded? offensive minded? balanced?..you get the point)...scene fades out. You now are on the screen where you make everything happens..everytime you make a cut, bring in a new player, or make a new decision..in the background is an image of you (the gm) in your office writing it down. Also on this screen is the availability of newspapers(yes they bring them back)..here you find out what other commentators, coachs, and even players think about you being the new gm of your team..along with other nfl news of course. Also whenever a big trade or any other decision is made(whether its your team or another)..a scroll pops up on the bottom of the screen and makes that little noise(you know like espn does?). Anyway..through out the year..especially your first year..all you'll hear is comments about how you're doing. and also how well your accomplishing the things you said in the earlier press conference. all interviews are cut scenes, every big contract is shown in a scene. That way you'll be able to experience the time it takes to build a winning team..maybe players under a certain rating can be ignored but other players should go into a scene. hiring coaches should also definately be a cutscene. before every game you should be in the locker room viewing your coach prepping your players and eventually you end up in the press box looking down at the field..eventually the camera changes to make it look like a live football game on tv. the length of time it takes for playoff games to finish should be extended to another 2 minutes or so.(do to cheerleaders, cutscenes, halftime, etc)..the superbowl should be extended another 5 minutes..after all this work you did to get to the superbowl..lets make it look like you actually accomplished something..i;ll continue on later....tell me what you think? if theres any additions you wanna make or you think something is too much..let me know..
Advertisements - Register to remove