View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
krc1130
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Question regarding game momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I actually like the idea of rivalry and playoff/superbowl games being harder. That's pretty sim to me. How many times does a 2-10 team upset a 9-3 rival team? It happens quite a bit....at least once a year. How many times have you heard the saying "throw out the records when these 2 teams play"? To me that means those games should be harder. I would even take it a step farther and have the superbowl game harder than the others. My theory is that the Superbowl should be the hardest game you play.

I also don't think we need hot/cold streaks or meters either, but I DO think there should be some kind momentum and some kind of homefield advantage. Maybe a cheering crowd can cause a visiting O-lineman with low awareness to false start more often or occasionally the QB would have to audible 2 or 3 times before the audible goes through because the crowd is so loud.

Also, while I'm mentioning homefield advantage, I think home stadiums and weather should have a more dynamic affect on attributes. Example: When TB goes to Lambeau Field in the winter, the weather effects (snow) should affect their team more than the Packers or when teams play in domes the game should feel a little faster because they're playing on turf as opposed to natural grass. Little things like this go a long way.
I think having hot and cold streaks would be a great idea. Look at the Giants in 2007, they got on a hot-streak and won the super bowl. Or the Bucs this year fell apart and were on a cold streak.

I also think that players should go thru streaks as well. Like in my previous example, Eli got hot late in the season and in the playoffs and had a tremendous game-winning drive.

EDIT: Oh but not in a meter, just like maybe in a newspaper or there could be like a little icon by the team when your selecting your game to play that shows if the team is on any kind of streak.

Last edited by krc1130; 02-22-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Had to add in some good stuff