View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Trevytrev11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: the over analyzing of MLB 2k9...good or bad sign?

Much of the "over analyzing" is due to the fact that you have people who were fans of many different games a few years ago who are now forced to choose from one single title if they own a 360...and it just so happens that that one title has a very poor track record over the past three years, which drives a ton of skeptism (sp?). So part of it right there is that you have people who were spread out over several forms a few years ago, consolidated into one.

Plus every person has their own agenda for what is important to them. For some it's strictly gameplay, for others it's presentation and others it's franchise and for most it's a mix of everything.

Whether something is legit is up to the person. Things that concern you won't concern me. Things that I see as wrong, may not even hit your radar. Things that I enjoy about the game, you may not and vice versa for all of that.

Each persons experience and opinion of this game (and any game) is a by product of their expectations and their preferences.

If something is factually wrong and it bothers someone, who is anyone else to say it's rediculous? To say so shows complete disregard to the fact that each person, as an individual, has their own likes, dislikes, tastes and preferences.

Finally, like you many people have grown up and don't want to play baseball games anymore where a player hits .500 85 HR's and knocks in 200 runs. They don't want a game where they can used certain cheat tactics that will knowingly beat the computer. People crave realism in their sports games and when things are off, they want them fixed...especially when you have game developers every year bragging that their game is "the most realistic experience available".

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 02-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove