Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #143
g2thecore
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I feel like they could add QB ratings like leadership, consistency, and maybe a clutch/heart rating. In fact these could be universal ratings for other players.

I think it could be allot like the "player roles" feature from last gen's madden 06. In that game they had roles like Team Captian, and Franchise QB, etc. These players would make every player on thier side of the ball get a ratings boost in the 4th quarter, and on 3rd downs. They also made younger players develop faster and made it less likely for players to cause problems on the team.

So players with High leadership would make other players play better on their side of the ball, especially in clutch situations/make players develop faster in franchise mode.

Consistency- This could affect the algorithms that Ian spoke of earlier. High consistency means your QB or WR/DE always plays up too their ability, players with poor consistency will have bad games for no reason, WRs will get shut down. DE's will take plays off and have games where it seems like they get no pressure. I think this could work great with the new ratings philosophy to really seperate John Abraham from Adewale Ogunleye. Ogun is a great pass rusher, but he doesnt bring the pressure every down, he gets in in spurts. John Abraham is a true playmaker.

Good stuff! I really like the idea, especially with the consistency part. I doubt something like this would be implemented this year, but I would vouch for that in Madden 11.

Clutch/Heart could be another modifier for leadership. I guess it would do the same thing so maybe it isnt as important...

But we all know that there is allot more to a QB than his arm. Jeff George had an elite NFL arm and bounce around the league because his attitude and persona didnt make hime an ideal NFL QB.

Who knows maybe this stuff is next year, but I hope they squeeze it in somehow.
Great stuff! I really like the idea, especially with the consistency part. I doubt that they'll be able to implement that this year, but I would love to see something like this in future Maddens.