Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #172
Danimal
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
I have a question about the accuracy section. Don't know if this was mentioned....

Based on your new algorithm...It seems like there's no way that a ball can be thrown behind the receiver. I think having an inaccurate qb throw right behind a receiver running an out and into the waiting safeties arms would be good too.

I'm no programmer (or artist obviously ) but this is how it should look imo. I understand the smaller the area the less odds of the ball being thrown around that area which is why you went for the new shape. But the same should be done in a smaller fashion for the opposite side.

Just my opinion. Don't know if it's feasible or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your chart.

EXCELLENT work overall though Ian .
In my opinion you're reading the chart wrong, the WR circle is not the target, the dashed circle is the perfect throw. So there is a small chance of throwing behind the receiver and the chance to throw wide, high or low grows as it goes out. In essence pretty much spot on for an out pattern IMO.