View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Weekly Preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I don't really like the head coach one. It is only slightly more in depth than madden's. Sure it is slightly better but not nearly what is should be.

Here is how I think training should go:

Each player gets an allotment of hours for training each day that they can train that week. These could be a standard number but I would prefer that it be based off of some sort of work ethic rating. This could add another way that players can become busts or gems as those with higher work ethics will be willing to put in the extra hours and develop more while those with lower work ethic won't. Also there should be a discipline type rating that determines the effectiveness of their training.

Your coach and all the assistants should also have a number of hours determined in the same way as the players hours. They should also have a number of players they can work with per hour. Also each facility such as weight room, film room etc... should have a number of hours it can be used and players that can be trained per hour.

You should split players time between weight training, drills, film studying, playbook studying, scrimmaging, etc... and coaches time between running the players through drills, gameplanning, and film studying.

Activities for the players should improve the players basically in 2 ways. Short term as in learning the week's gameplan and preparing for the week's game and long term as in permanent improvements.

Gameplan improvements should be able to improve a players ratings enough to where a good week of practice with good coaching and a little luck, as there should be some randomness in it, concentrating on short term improvements over long term could possibly improve the player's overall by as a couple points for the upcoming game.

Long term developmental training if that is where you concentrate should develop somewhat along the lines of head coach's development system having to obtain a certain number of points before they improve and should only improve maybe a couple points per year.

Coaches working with players should help them depending on the coaches ratings and coaches film study should improve how much they effect the player's short term planning as well as being able to find out more about the tendencies of opponents.

training camp and preseason should be handled in a similar fashion
downright exactly what i was thinking but i wanted to keep it simple w/o adding in more stats and making coaches matter. I hope they bring in work ethic because players like larry fitz and A.D.(adrain peterson(sp) become very valuable in comparision to Mike Williams.

I also hope they make coaches matter even its something like head coach but honestly coaches are half the team. i like the idea of giving players and coaches seperate total time instead of a 40 hour total time for both.

Overall great idea keep em coming folks