View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #58
kmart2180
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, not all of us are searching for new and creative ways to exploit the A.I.. Some of us just desperately want the create-a-play/create-a-formation option back in the game to further personalize our gaming experience .
I understand where you are coming from. But what Im saying is I'd rather them spend the time blowing out (giving us an insane amount) of new formations/Defensive fronts/Blitz packages ect.... so we would not have to rely on a play editor for it.

For me I dont want it to be the easy road out of not adding all the goods to the game, and instead making us have to create are own. I'd rather the time be spent on the game and not on something that we have to do once we get the game.

And its not that Im not for it. Its more that I'd prefer the gameplay be up to par before adding it. What good does designing this amazing blitz play when the Offensive line AI has no clue how to stop it? I mean I would prefer not to come up with a situation like this, but other's might . I just would like to see that the gameplay is up to the task to handle it before it being there.

What would be the point of not using it if it was there? Kinda would make no sense. Im just saying if it is gonna be there then make the AI good enough to understand it. There's gotta be a defense against what you can create fomation wise/play wise.