View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Darkheath
Rookie

OVR: 2
What an innane, whiny article.

All that needs to happen is to STOP the yearly release of each game. Personally I'd like to see 3 years between each game release. I rarely buy sports games more often than every 3 years anyway. In between can be a $15 dollar (or whatever is feasible) roster update and any minor game upgrades the company wants to offer each year. Meanwhile, the team is hard at work on pretty much exactly what you are talking about in this article. A game that truly seems like an upgrade over the previous version.

When I buy a new sports game after 2-3 years, it definitely feels different to me. I bought NHL 09 this year... my previous hockey game was NHL 2k5. That was a pretty big jump in technology. The games you are comparing to the sports games have their 3-4 year development cycles, Halo and Call of Duty, both. (I know CoD seems to come out more frequently, but there are 2 studios releasing the game alternately).

Anyway.. the point is.. the main problem with gamer perception of sports games is the yearly releases. But if so many morons would quit buying them EVERY year, the game companies might realize that there is a better business model out there.