View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #891
Mr. JDM
Rookie

OVR: 6
OK, i FINALLY downloaded & played this demo 3 times. Coming into this, i was pretty upbeat about this game. I only have a PS3, so i've been reading comments & checking out the vids the past couple weeks. From the vids, it looked like a pretty good game. I'm not a MLB The Show fanboy, nor am i a 2K *****. I downloaded both demos last yr when I got my PS3 & a short time later purchased MLB The Show '08. There was no comparison & I dont think a lot of people will disagree. I downloaded MLB The Show '09 demo the day it was released & was amazed at how SCEA made a GREAT game even better. i didnt think it was possible & they did. Now, for 2K9. As I stated, i was looking forward to playing it & not just watching vids of it. & I have to say, its an improvement over 2K8, yes...but not nearly in the same league as The Show. To me, The Show is a MUCH more 'polished' game in every area over 2K9. i must say though, i do like the hitting technique w the joystick in 2K9. it does make it fun. that & the commentary are very good. but thats where it ended for me. For those that dont have a PS3, 2K9 is a decent game & i really do feel bad for those that dont get a chance to play The Show because it really is a masterpiece for a sports game. From the graphics, to lighting, stadiums, player, player sizes, faces, ALL the details...The Show wins hands down. I was very disappointed w 2K9, but im glad to finally play it because it made my mind up come next week. I had a couple issues w the gameplay in 2K9 that actually made me laugh. Here's just 1 example. I was playing as the Rays & had bases loaded w no outs. My batter (i think it was Navarro) popped a foul ball right behind the plate which the catcher caught. I was down 2-0, when all of a sudden, i see on the screen that my guy on 2nd started running to 3rd. But the guy on 3rd wasnt running & the catcher had the ball!!!! i didnt know why the hell he started running...i didnt press anything. needless to say, it was a dbl play & i lost 2-1. This would honestly never happen in The Show. Maybe next year 2K Sports will come w a better baseball game, but '09 belongs to The Show again...there's honestly no comparison
Advertisements - Register to remove