View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #148
Rebel10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Could you try the manager mode and tell us how that is? (if they kept it in this year...it should ask you when you select a game in your franchise if you want to play, manage, or sim). Does it look like 2K8's manager mode?
Continuing on this point, can anybody go into some depth about subbing pitchers in manager mode? This feature has been busted for three straight years -- the game has never allowed you to substitute a pitcher in manager mode while you are batting, or make any pitching changes while you are batting. Because you have to warmup pitchers before they come in, this would make managing the game in manager mode virtually impossible. For instance, if you want to warm up your closer at your first at-bat in the 9th inning, you are not able to do that.. you either need to warm him up while pitching with 2 outs in the 8th, or with 1 out while pitching in the 9th. Making this worse, pitcher stamina was very sensitive, and one extra out of warming up would drastically reduce a pitcher's stamina... so four batters of warming up could see the closer come in at 70% stamina, while 3 batters of warming up would put him at 95%. Considering that you could not make pitching changes/management while batting, when to warm up and sub was effectively a guessing game.

In 2K8, you could turn off pitcher warmups all together and then turn it back on when you're playing a game.. but that's stupid. You should be able to make pitching bench modifications while you're batting, plain and simple. If it's a manager mode, you should be able to manage.

Sorry to go on and on about 2K8, but I wanted to describe the problem as completely as I could to see if it's been fixed.

Also, does the screen "rotate" like it did in 2K7 while managing? This was super annoying to me. They removed this for 2K8, but I'm just hoping it wasn't added back in as a ... visual extra that overall detracts.