View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
dukeblue
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K9 Ratings: Hits and Misses

I understand McCann is a very good catcher, but he is not as good as Mauer. Having watched Mauer ever since he came up to the pros, no catcher is on the same level. The guy already has 2 batting titles, and has played 4 whole seasons excluding 2004. He will get more batting titles in the future, and the sky is the limit for him.

Don't get me wrong about McCann, he is very good, but Mauer should be about 89-90 and McCann at 88. Mauer only had 2 less rbi's last season, but of course McCann had more home runs. In my mind, home runs are not that big of a deal as hitting a guy in from 2nd for an rbi and hitting a solo home run is not much difference. Sure it looks real nice for catchers hitting home runs, don't get me wrong, but Mauer produces just as much if not more.

Call me a homer, I really don't care. But for those of you that think McCann is on an even level with Mauer I just can't understand. I am not saying McCann is not deserving, he is the 2nd best catcher in the league. I am just trying to point out Mauer should be a little higher.
MLB: Minnesota Twins
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves