Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
AftershockFx
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2K9 Ratings: Hits and Misses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I agree that there would have to be all sorts of special circumstances taken for all sorts of different groups of players...rookies, sophomores, juniors, injuries, players transitioning from part time to full time (Reliever to Starter), etc.

I think you do this generic spread for as many players that qualify and then you do everyone else seperately...then of course (and this is probably something 2K doesn't do very well at all), you take a step back and then re-look at it for realism and sanity. Does it make sense that a 40 year old outfielder coming off of a sub par year should have a all-star caliber rating? Probably not. And then adjust.

It would be nice to have some explanations of how they arrive at their ratings and whether or not they actually believe them to be fair.
Point taken. Explanations would be great because it's math that I know we were not taught in grade school . They need to stop favoring guys who play for Boston, NYY, NYM, LAD and LAA and rate them accurately. I'm willing to bet you if Jack Wilson got dealt to the Dodgers this winter his rating would've jumped from a 73 to a 78 or 79 just because he played in LA ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
so let me get this straight - a guy breaks the record for saves in a year, has had 4 straight 40+ save seasons, has pitched in 450 innings, and has struck out (brace yourself) almost 590 batters...shouldn't be the highest rated pitcher in the game? is not the better than mariano rivera?

uhhh okay. I'll be on that little place called planet earth if you all need me.
Save's aren't everything and numbers don't lie. With Rivera's numbers it's very possible he could've broken that record if the Yankees played as many close games as the Angels ... I'll be on earth if you want to chat schematics sometime.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins