Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #305
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
It's not a bug. There won't be a patch for it. People are not understanding the technicalities of video game development. It's obvious the new system they put in place was incompatible with editing batting stances. So rather than try and fix it and running the risk of breaking the whole game code (like 2k7), they just decided it would be best to not let you edit batting stances.
I'm not sure I completely agree with this. I agree it's not a bug, but I doubt that letting you select a stance would break anything...it's just opening up an option to the user that's likely already there underneath.

Not stating this as fact, mind you, but from things I've been told by various developers I don't know that it fits quite the way you mention in this case. I also allow for the fact I could be completely wrong too...lol.

In any case, I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, as the point likely remains the same. A patch isn't likely for a problem such as that. We'll see, of course, but it doesn't look good.

I don't know if it's "game killing" for me on what will be a 20$ purchase in my case (if I do purchase), but it's pretty disappointing. Oh well.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-27-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove