View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #400
Str8_A
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Well I just played some more, testing zone hitting vs. default directional timed hitting. My observations:

- Default directional hitting (same as demo) is EASY! I just played a 5-inning game on Legend vs. the Mets, Johan vs. C.C. Sabbathia, pitch speed maxed out. Through 5 innings, it was 6-6, Johan only got through the 4th, ARod hit a homerun that hasn't landed yet, if you hold up and pull, while you definitely won't crush every pitch, I still had 10 hits through 5 innings. I only one homer, but it was definitely offensive friendly.

- I personally think zone hitting is the way to go this year. You're DEFINITELY going to have to slow pitch speed down (or increase human hitting contact) because on default All-Star or Legend, I was missing everything. I lowered pitch speed to 50 and through 3 innings, I had 3 hits and got K'd twice, definitely played a better game.

- I tried lowering all IE sliders for Human and CPU. Doesn't matter. I got the CPU to take a combined 2 called strikes. Legend difficulty is not the way to go if you want realistic pitch counts. Furthermore, the AI offense is jacked up on Legend default. Slider tweaks WILL be needed on any level you play (actually AllStar seemed ok for CPU offense, just pitch speed still seemed a bit high and the CPU still swung WAY too often).
Hey Padgoi, I have a question regarding cursor hitting. So will we still be able to somehow influence where we want to place the ball on the field? I.E., (right handed hitter) to pull, swing early, or to go with the pitch, swing late. Flyballs or groundballs?