Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #405
~Guru~
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Guru, good to see your enjoying the game but How are you enjoying the pitching so much when CPU swings at anything in the strike zone and doesn't swing at anything outside. Doesn't that kill the pitching in the game??
the cpu does not swing at everything....the issue is that they dont take many pitches in the strike zone...that i dont think we can fix...this is tied into the code and sliders wont fix it

but i can make pitching harder in terms of walking hitters

i average about 3 walks per game...the cpu does take pitches when you lower the pitcher stamina slider

you raise the human pitching sliders to make it harder to be on point

i can tell you that using catcher suggestions is key...he a lot of times asked for a pitch way outside the zone...not asking for a pitchout but for a certain pitch that the cpu can chase...

i have the cpu hitters taking more pitches but what they dont take is pitches down the middle...that we cant fix

sliders are making the pitching much better...at least for me it is...i am having to use relief pitchers because my guy gets tired from throwing a lot of pitches and because i also made the rattle sliders lower to help make pinpoint pitching harder...

there are work arounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove