View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #701
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

When I put the cd in the console I put it on highest difficulty and started a game between the Yankees (me) and Devil Rays. This is the box score:

With a scoreless game going into the 7th inning I started thinking about the possibility of Sabathia getting a complete game shutout. That dream ended with the crack of Pat Burrell's bat as he blasted a homerun.

In the 8th inning all hell broke loose. With one man out and the bases loaded I decided to keep rolling with CC and I paid the price again. Evan Longoria blasted a grand slam to make the score 5-0. I brought in some bum reliever but all he did was give up two more homers that inning.

I saw a complete game shutout but unfortunately it was for Scott Kazmir of the Rays lol.

With only one game in I can't offer a ton in terms of impressions other to say that I enjoyed the game a lot despite being unable to score. I had a few opportunities but fell short. I really liked the speed of the pitching on Legend. However, I don't know if I'd be able to use cursor hitting with the ball moving that quickly. I'm gonna give that a shot later on and see how it goes.

I'm glad to know that 2K9 offers several tutorials. I was clueless about baserunning/proper way to steal, so that will be the first thing that I check out.
Advertisements - Register to remove