Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #838
ExtremeGamer
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm enjoying the game so far despite the many issues. The batters are too aggressive for the AI and the CPU pitchers are throwing 90% strikes even when I take every pitch. I'm not exaggerating. However, I'm still having fun through 2 full games. I'm using bigfnjoe's sliders right now and have been since I popped it in the 360.

I've seen nearly every issue that has been mentioned and they are all there, the 1B step thing, the wonky outfield running, the curious base running on occasion, the catcher sometimes just stands and forgets to get back into his stance, the mistaken stat overlays, etc. etc. I'm not giving 2K or Visual Concepts a free pas by any means. I expect a patch in the next couple months that remedies most if not all of these gameplay problems. I do not expect that stance and delivery editing or the cap on editing players names to be patched, because some of these are issues native to VC's other games (see NBA 2K series).

If VC doesn't issue a patch that confronts the issues that are so widespread, I simply will not buy their product anymore. That's the only way for an individual to make a difference and I'll continue to criticize the game as I do Madden, or NCAA or NBA 2k, or NCAA Basketball, etc.

I think the game is playable in the current build, but it still feels a bit like a late beta build, as supposed to a final polished build. I only paid $50 for my copy after using a giftcard, and I have OOTP 9 (and OOTP 10 on preorder) for my GM/franchise fix.

If you have a PS3, there is absolutely no reason to buy 2k9. But if you are on 360 like me, it is worth playing this year I think. I didn't buy MLB 2K8, as I hated it, and I passed on NCAA Football 09 as it sucked, so I will not buy games that I don't like. I don't regret the purchase of this game, considering it is my only console baseball choice and the value that I think it will give me.

That's my $1.02.
Good post.

Game has flaws people, lots of them. I'm enjoying it for what it is. It's not the worst game ever produced, it's light years better than 2K8 was. All games are what you make them. I'm sure there's been 10/10 movie reviews that someone hated, and then a 1/10 movie that someone loved. Same with videogames. Everyone's opinion is their own, if you like it, shouldn't that be all that matters?

I do hope a patch fixes some of the issues, it would make it more sound of a game.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710