View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #891
sportyguyfl31
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Just finished my 2nd full game, Mets (me) vs Yankees.

I lost 5-4. It was a good game and I'm starting to figure some things out.

As far as pitching. I'm just playing the percentages. We all know that they arent going to take a lot of pitches, so I figure the best chance I have to keep them from hitting rockets all over the place. is to pitch to the scouting report.

I was very prudent who I throw the fastball to, and where. Many times, I'd throw it out of the zone, and sometimes they will chase depending on their scouting report.

Ive played 2 games in a row and the yankee lineup seems pretty tough to get out.

Santana went 6.1 giving up 11 hits, striking out 3 and giving up 1 homer to matsui.

He left the game in a 4-4 tie. All of my runs against Sabathia were off of solo homers by Wright, Beltran, Delgado, and Murphy (slightly disturbing, I hope that isnt going to shape up to be a trend.)

I have yet to see the 1st baseman do anything weird, but I saw Dan Murphy perform a act of butchery by running right over a liner.

I dont know if this an outfielder problem, because I'm able to control beltran and church fine, or due to the fact the Murphy is a butcher.

Anyway, 4-4 game, I put in duanar sanchez in the 7th after santana allows a single, after he recorded the 1st out.

He gets a fly ball and then I get a strike out.

Next inning is uneventful.

Yanks come up, and Sanchez promply serves up a cannon shot to Texiera to give the yanks a 5-4 lead.

I then proceed to load up the bases in between getting a couple of outs.

I bring in Putz, and he gets a K to get me out of there.

The game ends in the 9th with me unable to touch Rivera at all.

This game, has a strong heartbeat underneath the quirks. It's quite fun, and I find it growing on me some.

With some fine tuning (hopefully we get a 2nd patch) this game could be very, very good. If this game had a little more polish before release, I think it could have given "The Show" a run for its money.

Im on my 3rd game now, against the Cubs..I'll share the details when done
Advertisements - Register to remove