Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #35
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OMT- What We Need is Improved Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
I will happily disagree and say that the commentary has gotten gradually better. The main issue that I have is that the announcers contradict themselves late in the game. Let's say there's 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. My opponent has the ball and they are down 13 points. On one play Corso is saying that they've got a chance...the next play he says that they don't.

Also, my main beef with narration has always been that there's not enough different quotes for the same situation. For example, whenever I get over 100 yards rushing in a game, I want to hear more time-specific commentary like, "Wow! It's only the first quarter and he has run over 'em, around 'em, on top of 'em, and" Then, we hear Kirk jump in and say something like, "Calm down, Scooter! We got a whole game left. Let's see if he continues this momentum."

I think that he would be awesome to get more time-specific quotes. Does that make sense?
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. We have a lot of those in there, and even though they are weighted higher than more bland lines, there is always a chance that a bland line will play instead of a more detailed line because both are valid and we can only play one.
Advertisements - Register to remove