View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #69
jjc92787
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I'm working on getting a lot more transactions done, using the list provided earlier by jjc and a player movement list from CBSSportsline. Well jjc's list has some errors of their own. For example, Gomes is on the Reds now not the Rays. Glover is on the Nationals not the Cardinals. Tim Raines is still listed as being in teh Diamondbacks minor leagues. I'm not trying to pick on jjc, but I find it a bit amusing to be called out for inaccurate rosters only to find some of the corrections are themselves wrong.
-I asked about Gomes because I just read an article about a month ago stating that he was still on the Rays and would be their starting right fielder. There was no mention of him being on the Reds at all on ESPN or MLB Network and I never read anything online (I'm watching the Reds 30 Teams in 30 Days as we speak and they have not said a thing about him being there)
-I definitely remember reading an article or Glover's Wikipedia page stating that he signed a minor-league deal with the Cardinals. I guess that fell through. You still had him on the Tigers though don't forget.
-Raines Wikipedia article has him as a free agent and I thought I remembered seeing that he was released or not re-signed but he's listed as a Diamondback on other sources so yes that's right.

I'm sorry that I made some incorrect point outs and that I'm being critical, but the fact is that there were still a lot of mistakes and I noticed a couple more at least after posting my original list. Publically posted rosters should be as accurate as possible.