Old 03-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
jdrhammer
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Offensive line blocking vs. DBs in the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah I agree with you guys, and what you're saying here.... That's why I like being in a league with other straight players... You simply don't see stuff like this. If I did go online and play random players, and saw crap like this, I'd be pretty annoyed.

The ratings and player weights need to eventually start mattering (other than speed heh).
I house ruled there must be 3 DL minimum at all times. The 1-5-5 is nearly impossible to block.

I've been screaming for player weights to somehow translate to strength or have some correlation between the two for some time now. The recruiting databases are horrible since the 199 lbs or the 202 lbs DE's will be the strongest and sometimes the slowest. There is no logic applied there at all.

Is it just me or should strength be universal. If a DE, LB, and DT each have 84 STR, should the DE's STR go down when he is at DT in the depth chart? Many times, DE's STR will rarely be in the 80's but LB's will be in the 80's much more. ??? I don't get it.

The recruiting database has a nice mixture of different kinds of DE's but the size not matching the skills/attributes kills it.