Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Hellisan
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon12 Re: WideOpen Gameplay Gift and a Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I have read some negative comments about wideopen gameplay one qoute" WideOpen gameplay so easy a caveman can do it". LOL Its not that wideopen gameplay is not an improvement to NCAA the problem is WOGP just further exposed the fact that ratings(outside of speed) are worthless and AI isnt up to snuff. WOGP added a much needed element of realism and sheer fun but they half-assed it and it showed. Hopefully if they fit ratings and AI WOGP will be what we need it to be.
I agree with a lot of what you're trying to say here.

NCAA 2009 is the first game I've ever played where I've been able to take a punt, break a tackle, and start weaving through the defense, catching realistic blocks all the way down the field. In past versions of NCAA both this gen and last gen, it was like, find a way to run around all the other players. This year it's more realistic, if you see one path that just has one DB standing there, sometimes you can try to just run him over and be rewarded with a lot of open space. Room to make moves, cuts, jukes, etc. I like that aspect of this game quite a bit. Now that the game is many months old I'm sure we've discussed all the negative points to death. Hopefully NCAA 10 puts all the complaints to rest...