View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
gogocutler06
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
A lot of teams will use the nickel as their base, but using a dime as a base is dumb. I believe going 1 up or 1 down is ok, say for instance, the offense chooses 2 WR and you choose a Nickel or they choose 3 WR and you choose Dime or 4-3. But I do notice some guys will run Dime and Quarter as their base and sometimes you won't be able to pound the ball against them, because they will run their DT in circles around blockers.

I don't think this is a huge deal, but they should probably look more into rewarding users who match up better based on personnel, rather than putting as much as speed out there as possible.
I agree with this completely... there have been too many times I have been online playing someone as the Cowboys and the contunously pick a Dime or Quarter package and the user will select Pacman Jones and simply burn my guards on the outside... I was able to somewhat counter this by using a 2 TE set and sending the 2nd TE in motion to the blitzing side and scrambling to the weak side.

But this should be analyzed... seems in Head Coach the same is "thought" to be true... I will check the success rate of many plays and they want me to use a quarter man defense with 2 deep to counter the 1st and 10 or say 2nd and like 4...