Old 03-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #980
MizzouRah
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
At the end of my first day with the game I'd have rated it as a 6/10.

After a week with it, getting better at pitching and batting, finding a set of sliders to give me realistic stats and downloading the new patch, I'd give the game a 7.8/10. I've had my last two games go into extra innings and they have been a blast.

If the next patch fixes AI hitter aggression then this game will be a solid 8.5 at the least.

To those of you wondering if you should buy the game and reading reviews as gospel, stop it. Thinking a game is good because of a good review is like thinking a film is good because of an Oscar nomination. They're both just politics. Every reviewer is going to be biased in some way, therefore the only way to know whether you like a game is to play it for an extended period of time.

I'm also stunned by the amount of negative posts by people who haven't even played the game. I'd always thought OS was a little classier than to allow that, instead it results in these threads devolving into something hauntingly similar to the IGN forums.
I agree with you... I was out at some friends having dinner and was itching to get home to get a game in. I've played it a bunch this weekend and can't wait to get my franchise started.