Old 03-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #1012
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
I honestly have not seen the 1b bug off the bag since the 1st day I got the game. I've played about 20 games this week and have not seen it once.

Same with the fielder problems and the ball going over the fielders. Let the AI help you. There is also different footplanting in this game like nba 2k9... Set your feet.

Same with the overly aggressive AI. It's still a bit aggressive but if you use IE you will see this reduced dramatically.

All these bugs that people are complaining about are not bugs.... It's just the way the game is implemented and people not having a clue.

I, too, have not had a problem with the 1st baseman coming off the bag. I use the right stick to throw, though I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. The 1st baseman has come off the bag once in my experience (within my first game or two).

Fielding flyballs has been a similar experience. I dropped one or two that I shouldn't have in the early going, in large part to not having a feel for how to field. I have had one drop since learning the game. It seems to happen when you fight the subtle auto-positioning when settling under a fly ball. That is, if the fielder is in position to catch and I toggle the left analog stick in any direction, it seems to increase the chance for error, even if the left analog movement does not yield a drastic on-screen direction change.

Even using Inside Edge, I believe the batter aggressiveness could still probably use a little toning. Though, truly, the Inside Edge is a great tool to use in the interim