View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
deadlyCane
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Make speed just like kick power!!

This is a great thread. I hope OMT sees it. I fully agree that there are way too many speed freaks in this game, particularly in the dynasties. I also agree that realistically we should only see one 99 speed guy every 10 years. However, this is a video game so to as a compromise I say we should see 2-3 every 4 or 5 years. We should see no more than 15 players with speed above 95 every 5 years (3 per year).

What makes the speed freaks even worse is the fact that speed is the only attribute that matters. Like some poster earlier wrote, his 99 speed receiver with catch ratings of 40 still caught 10 TD passes as the number 3 receiver. They really need to fix the underlying code behind the effectiveness of each rating. Right now they are just cosmetics. Ian, in his Madden blogs, wrote that they are spreading out the ratings in Madden. Basically, right now the ratings for receivers range from around mid 70s to 99s. What Ian is talking about is making the range go from say 45 to 99. IMO, this won't solve the problem. The guy who created the 99 speed receiver with 40 catch rating already proved this won't solve the problem. The code needs to change to make ratings matter.

Here is a very eye-opening video for you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltC...eature=related

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes