View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #51
SwayGod53
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: 11 vs 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I was 50/50 with Hockey. When you played with guys who knew how to play it was fun (I liked being goalie). But when you had defensemen trying to act like forwards leading to 2-0 breaks all game, that was a miserable experience. Plus, football is more scripted. In hockey, forwards try to pass and get open, you look for open shots on net, the defense just tries to clear the puck. Football, blockers need to fill the right holes. Receivers need to run the right routes. Defense needs to fulfill their assignments, can have people blitzing because they feel like it while in a zone d, etc. Its a lot harder to accomplish
I think we need to be optimistic here. The most probable method is trial and error. Play with people, and befriend the people who play the game well. Like I said in another post, do a clan type system. These would be people you knew you could play with. You could easily get a clan of 10-11 guys going, and occasionally you'll play a team that doesn't have teamwork, and it should be no contest, because we know football is the ultimate team sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove