View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 AM   #1056
DonkeyJote
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I didn't buy this game when it first came out. I saw all the negative reviews and all the glitches, and I decided to hold off. I rented it on Sat and at first didn't like it. But the more I play, the more I like it. It's fun. I'm not really seeing the glitches everyone's talking about and living rosters is doing a lot to alleviate my concerns of limited editing. I've seen the 1b glitch twice (one by me and one by cpu), and both times it was actually a 2b covering on a bunt. I use the right stick to throw and haven't had a problem.

It's not perfect, but the atmosphere is very good, and the announcing is excellent. They messed up a lot of uniforms and colors, including those of my favorite team, but nonetheless I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It's going to be a purchase for me in the not too distant future.

So, if you're on the fence about this game, don't take anyone here's word for it (including mine). Go rent it and try it for a few days, or go buy it used at a gamestop so you can return it if you don't like it. Find out for yourself. And force yourself to get through that first game. I had a hard time getting through that first game, but since I did that, I've had a blast.