View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Nice video and all, but again, you miss the point entirely.

There are two speeds we're dealing with here-- functional speed and full stride speed.

Madden videos- Player is laying on sprint trigger. This is full stride speed. Cuts aren't possible... you'll break your own ankles or fall over.

APF video- player is not laying on sprint trigger because game does not have sprint trigger. This means the player is actually moving at a rate at which the break downs and cuts make sense. This is functional speed. If you are rapidly tapping the sprint button, it does not matter, because APF takes you out of sprint if you try to make a sharp cut.

Now you can debate whether it's better for APF to take you out of sprint to make a cut, or for Madden where you are allowed to stay in sprint but heavily handicapped for it. I prefer greater control personally to the computer dictating my actions. (You'll note that when the player makes too sharp a cut, Madden DOES take him out of full stride speed and gives him a cut animation)

You cannot break down and make those cuts at a dead sprint. You can only make wide turns, as is illustrated in the Madden video.

Ian has already said... at standard functional speed, there are animations for these types of cuts. So lets wait for those, and then we can compare apples to apples, eh?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.