Old 03-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Rating Categories, What do they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Why even have them in the game if they do not do anything?

I LOVE ratings, the more the better (just like sliders), but if they don't DO anything then it defeats the purpose.

Furthermore, the ones that have a larger effect like footwork from what Donny just said, why not put them in bold so people know they are more important. The ones that do nothing....well take them out OR put them in grey so well all know they are just fluff and don't work.

Just my two pennys.
My guess (using my understanding of the Ortiz regime) is the transition was messy. Someone didn't do the legwork to see where everything was referenced, so when they started putting in new ratings, if they took the old ones out, they'd crash the game because little references here and there would call for a number that didn't exist.

Hopefully this is one of those things they'll finally get around to doing soon. It's really annoying to have a bunch of non-existent ratings in there.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.