Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #51
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I played running back from 7 to 17 I know about "patience" and I know about exploding through holes. I also know there was no way I can cut during in all out sprint like you can in EA products. I know that I couldnt just sprint the whole play unless the defense moved out of my way and my players too!

How would stopping players from running at top speed all play effect patience? If anything it would promote patience because you on have a burst so you would have to use it wisely. If I got the ball and just started sprint from the very moment(which never happens) I would run into my o-lineman every play! Right now all I do when I play Madden is sprint!
"Right now"... the reason you do now is because Madden 09 is feckin' broken, for the most part. You can cut on a dime when sprinting. What we see in this video is a change to that... now you have to lay off sprint to be able to move properly behind the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Did you ever play 2k football? Just curious...
Quite a bit. Still play 2k5 regularly (currently playing franchise mode with my '94 49ers in place of the real 'niners.. living the glory days). APF has no replayability to speak of, so I don't really play that anymore, but I still own it. Like High Heat 2004 and MVP Baseball 2005, NFK 2k5 is a classic that I will never let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Believe me I tried that since I played the PS2 version up to 08... in the PS2 version if you held Sprint from teh get go you were screwed... but in the NG version I found that holding sprint from the get go was much better than doing it the PS2 way.
Yeah, this looks a lot like LastGen running, but I hope they don't stop with this. The cuts you see on the 2k video are exactlty the type of thing I'm hoping we see from the functional speed running. Without it, this is pretty pointless.

I'm not saying everything's hunky dory, here, just that we are comparing apples to oranges and it's not time to freak out. If we see the functional speed running and it's still turn-on-a-dime-no-cut crap, then I'll be upset right there with you.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove