View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #77
Tyrant8RDFL
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

I can understand your view points on the player planting when changing direction. I just hope if they do really focus on this they understand than certain change of direction angles doesn't require for a player to plant his foot.

Lets use a clock as a example to set the degrees of which the player is turning from one point to another.

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 1 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? I say no

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 2 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? I say Slightly.

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 3 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? Absolutely, and the demonstration of what Emmitt Smith did in the Video was perfect for this situation.

I don't want it that for every slight change of direction the player is planting. That isn't realistic, so I hope if they do make adjustments in making realistic player running animations, that they pay very good attention to when a player really has to plant or stutter step.