View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Steeler99
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Will there be any more Head Coach games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I play 'em out, and now that I've gotten the sliders to work, it's been awesome.

I had a hard time with the concept myself, but I've been enjoying the fact that I can't control the action directly. Adds an element of drama that doesn't exist otherwise. Doesn't really replace playing the games, but it makes sense in this context, and actually adds to the immersion of the game.

Now, that's not going to apply to everyone, but it's ruined my ability to really play games for the most part:P It doesn't feel right controlling all the players. I play Be a Pro in NHL now because controlling everyone on the ice kills my suspension of disbelief.

As far as tips... plan ahead. If you don't have control of the sticks, that makes the mental side of the game that much more important. If you're only going to play a season or two, choose a premade coach because the custom coaches start out vastly inferior.

Oh, and find a good set of sliders. I should have a final version of mine soon.
WOW, Your still working on sliders? Well if you don't mind, please pass them along to me via PM or e-mail, along with any other settings/adjustments you consider necessary ... I'd really appreciate it!

You've definitely peaked my interest now. I really like a challenge so I just might create myself as a coach and take over a team like Detroit, KC, or some other team needing a change of direction. I assume you can create yourself as a coach? If I enjoy it as much as you are, who knows I may just play it until Madden 10 comes out? I haven't even put the disk in so I don't even know where the game starts at (off-season, pre-season, draft)?

Thanks in advance for any info!