View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #88
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

1. Good video. 2K has the best animations.

2. Anyone who says 2K football is stiff just hasn't played it enough. You can't run around crazily tapping the button because you have to slow down to set stuff up. How you move the stick is critical. When I play APF it feels like football to me. Ricky Waters doesn't run like Emmitt, and Emmitt doesn't run like Gale Sayers. You can definitely feel the difference. The players in APF have a "weight" that I'd like to see in Madden.

3. When we're talking football and I hear the term acceleration, I'm thinking how quickly a guy reaches top speed. The mini debate on this was pretty funny.

4. I've read through this whole thread and it's been pretty civil. It's good stuff like this continues to get discussed because the developers need to know what we want.

5. Developers underestimate the average gamer. If they make it realistic and it's a good game, people will play it. Arcade games have their place, but the majority of NFL fans want their games to be as true-to-life as possible. No need to cater to the Madden Nation types. If they're truly nice they'll adapt to a sim. If not they'll move on to Halo or cheating in checkers.