Old 03-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #100
Megatron2k7
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Keep in mind I have never played any 2K Sports football game and I going off of what other people say.

I think the best system is to use 2K right stick which (if im not mistaking) control cuts ,jukes etc. and couple that with a button that provides a burst.

I was in the same boat as you until about a week ago. I was getting sick of always seeing the comparisons everywhere, and vids on U Tube, so went to my local Gamestop, and found a copy of NFL 2k5 for ONE DOLLAR...!!! I couldn't believe it only cost a buck. I also picked up a copy of APF2k8 for like $10, just to make sure I had all my bases covered.

I no longer wonder what all the complaining an comparisons are all about. 2k had it down pat. I spend as much time watching the damn replays as I do actually playing the games, because I just can't believe how great the animations and player interactions are in those games. Just the line play alone on something as simple as an extra point is miles and miles ahead of anything I've seen in Madden.

As far as some of you thinking the gameplay may become sluggish if it becomes more realistic, just think about what you're saying. Right now playing Madden is like playing a Need for Speed (arcade style racing game), and 2k football games feel like playing Forza Motorsports, or Gran Turismo. I don't know about you, but I definitely know the cars in the later handle much more sluggishly..... and they are supposed to. That's because they are meant to feel realistic, as claiming to be a racing sim.

I hope Ian is taking a real hard look at 2k5. If he can make M10 even approach the presentation level, at least a little, and give us that true "sim" style of football gameplay, he'll have a classic on his hands.

I've always been a loyal Madden player, and I want to stay that way.

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 03-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.