Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What would you rather have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It would be more realistic. What player has 93 spd in real life? No one. Players have different top speeds every time they run. Not one time do they hit the same speed.
If that player's speed is accurately portrayed in the why does it matter? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Oh yeah, numbers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tiers/perks.

In APF, you rarely get to see who is faster/stronger or specialized than the other at their position unless they have Speed Burner, BAB, Quick Feet, etc. You really have to play with the players individually to actually who plays well. They are legends are typically remembered for specific characteristics which makes the tiers/perks easier to implement. It'd be too hard to do tiers for current rosters because of how subjective the attributes would be for 53 players of 32 teams. There were only a handful of legends in APF. Younger players and rookies would also be difficult to gauge. Numbers allow ratings depth and an opportunity to truly see the difference in abilities from players.

Although I would love to see more of players getting exposed when they are in a system they clearly aren't a good fit for. Whenever I see smallish linebackers like Nick Buoniconti and Chuck Bednarik in a 3-4 defense, I ALWAYS run right at them and they become non-factors. This isn't the case at all in Madden.