View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 AM   #141
NFLHITMAN
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I think the #1 reason why madden sells better than 2k football games is the "madden comfort zone"

Its a place between time and space where people who are willing to learn to play something different are seperated from those who do not wish to adjust from the playing style of Madden.

Some of it is genuine preference and some of it genuine laziness.

2K aint a easy game to pick up and learn. You got QB's that vary greatly in the speed of the passes/the release of their passes/arm strength/accuracy/pocket presence/scrambling ability.

On top of that you got plays based on QB drops, and WR's you cant throw to before they make cuts. You got RB's where some need a Oline to help them make it out the backfield, and some who only need the smallest window of daylight to turn a toss into a 40+ yard TD scamper.

You got DB's that can be great in zone and suck at man D and vice versa. You can have LB's that excel at stopping the run, but put them in coverage and they struggle and vice versa. You got defensive linemen that put genuine fear in your heart on 3rd and long and Olinemen that make yo calm as Montana to Rice.

You mix all that up with a game thats virtually exploit free and it can make someone picking it up and playing it for the first time go "damn, I cant get this, its too hard.....It dont let me do some of the things I like to do in Madden as easy as Madden allows me to. It dont feel like Madden.

Control is subjective and can be learned, game AI and features are what seperate a good game from a bad one. So what do you do as a programmer when you got a nation of kids who have grown up playing a bad(not garbage, just not fundamentally sound) football game and you want to now right all that ?

What is a bigger issue overall with Madden and 2k games is "implementation"

We can all make comparisions between the 2 games graphicliy/presentation/animations/features but how they implement each facet of a footall game are different.

Alot of what we debate between these games is subjective. Its a matter of a person willing to take the time to learn to play the game properly(Which some are not willing to make) and also having to deal with what are glitches and broken game features/AI.

I just hope that whatever IAN implements for each factet of gameplay, that at the very least it works as advertised and cannot be exploited.....and of course fun to run it.

Its 2010. Madden can no longer be without features that a game 6 years older has implemented. Madden can no longer be saddled with the same problems its historicly had.

So IAN I will quote Sir Samual S Jackson

Lets go kill this mother F*n snakes on this mother F*n plane !! (The snakes would be game bugs in this case though}
Poetic TRUTH!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove