View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #294
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: New Blog and Picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The towel is fully articulated and animating based on the movement of the player.
Impressive! Certainly shows that you guys are not taking the easy way out on even the smallest things. Great to see and thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I agree the ball is still slightly big but we actually even reduced it in size almost 10% this year. Here it is in Madden NFL 09:

If we make it too much smaller it means we'll have to re-do nearly all of our ball-carrying animations (catches, run cycles, etc) because the ball will no longer be placed correctly. That is obviously a tough sell - to spend hundreds of hours tweaking animation data just to decrease the ball size by 3%. I just wish it had been right in the first place! Argh! Look at the size of it in Madden 06!

I'll see what we can do to shrink it just a tad bit more though.
Either way, certainly not a deal breaker by any stretch.... only noticeable in still shots for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
When I saw it happen in 2K5 (and I've only seen it twice), I lost it. This is the sort of immersion the game is missing. Besides, I;m sure you could skip it if you wanted, but I wouldn't personally since I'd like to be immersed in the experience.
Fair enough, I can understand that angle of it. Just let me skip it if I want to and we're good. Actually, one very infuriating part of 2k8 was that it wouldn't let me skip some of the cut scenes, which irritated me to no end.