View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #456
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 10 Screenshot (Peter Moore Blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Just found time to check and wow. Madden '10 is definitely looking like one of those game I can find myself playing for months. I hope we get more screens like this in upcoming blogs but maybe that's to much .

As for the cleats in the screen those aren't new. The ones I've seen people point out on the image are the cleats that most if not all linemen used in 09. Still hoping that they apply colors and variations to cleats. (Someone told me there was some sort of limitation and they could only use reebok brand cleats but I have no clue if that's true. Even if it is there are still other options then what we see ingame)

Madden 10 Image

Madden 09 Image
I'm glad you posted those two photos Hotlanta. That shot of 09 is very impressive and there are some others that looked eye-popping.

I say that to say this and I'm being real... that shot of Madden 2010 looks great, no doubt about it. But so did a number of shots from last season. You know what the core problem of it all was? We never seen these shots take place during the game at any point in time.

If we don't get these shots and angles in auto-replays and during post-play, it won't have the same impact. Heck, they could use these during pre-play, too. There are a number of things they could do to take advantage. My fingers are crossed that this year they put this thing together to where pre-play and post-play looks as hot as this first shot. Not trying to be cute like 09, but instead showing us angles that make sense, bring us closer to the action, and get us immersed.

Like I've said before, we may not have been paying attention because the game was so bad, but Madden 08 had some really hot auto-replay angles. A mix of that, and a mix of what 2K5 (and NCAA Football 2K3, if you haven't seen those replay angles, get a copy JUST for that!) was doing and I'd be in heaven. I'm very interested to see just how seriously they took this suggestion, and I say that because 09's auto-replay angles stunk so bad I skipped them 99% of the time, literally. I just couldn't stand them. It was total disconnection with no immersion whatever. God I hope they got this part back on track. The presentation will be so uneven without it.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-23-2009 at 07:25 PM.